Clean-up and Create
Art in the Park - Art Competition
Art in the Park – Competition
Funded by the Boltini Trust, Clean up and Create is back for 2022!
We’re encouraging young people in Sussex and Hampshire to take a walk in the National Park, the surrounding countryside or their school grounds, carry out a litter pick then analyse the results and action plan around eliminating litter.
Get creative with what you’ve collected and make a piece of art for the competition. You could win £75 of Art Equipment for your school or group.
Educational partner Sussex Green Living will deliver 12 in-school/group or virtual education sessions in the Midhurst and Petworth area (check map at bottom of this page to see if you can apply). Availability will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please email Carrie Cort – email@example.com from Sussex Green Living to enquire about booking a session for your school.
Not in the area? Take a look at the resources linked to this page and here sussexgreenliving.co.uk/green-education/eco-art-competition/ for more information.
5-11 year old categories
- 5 – 7 year olds Create a piece of art to reflect your ‘Walk in the Park’ or local countryside. You might want to make a picture frame with litter collected too.
- 5 – 7 year olds As above but a group of children.
- 8 – 11 year olds Create a piece of art to reflect your ‘Walk in the Park’ or local countryside. You might want to make a picture frame with litter collected too.
- 8 – 11 year olds As for 3 above but a group of children.
12-16 year old categories
- 12 – 13 year olds Create a piece of art to reflect your ‘Walk in the Park’ or local countryside. You might want to make a picture frame with litter collected too.
- 12 – 13 year olds Create a collage in the style of your favourite artist! Might be using litter collected on your walk as an art resource. Name who the artist is please.
- As for category 5 above but 14 – 16 year olds
- As for category 6 above but for 14 – 16 year olds
How to apply
Read the Terms and Conditions and Social Media Guidance for the competition below.
Other resources attached to this page will help you plan for litter prevention and inspire your art. A representative of the entrant’s school, group, parent or guardian must submit the entry on the young person’s behalf.
Fill in the Competition Entry Form below and email this with JPEG photographs of the art to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 20 June 2022.
For the 5 – 11 year old categories there is an opportunity for you to enter a group e.g. a school class.
We will notify the winners by 8 July. Winning and runners up entries will be judged by photo.
Have fun and stay safe
We can’t wait to see what you create. Please tag us on social media if you’re out in the South Downs. #CleanUpCreateArt #SouthDownsTrust
The South Downs National Park is not responsible for any damage or injuries incurred if you decide to undertake a litter pick. Keep Britain Tidy has some health and safety guidance for litter picking here: Clean-up preparation and safety advice | Keep Britain Tidy
Some examples of entries from our last Clean-up and Create competition